The latest try to anyways.
It’s not draining great and paradoxically dries out too easy and in general the really established plants are doing great while any new ones are kinda meh.
Also the sage looks rough.
That empty spot on the end in particular is like where herbs go to die. I lost a blue basil there and two oreganos.
Time for a change.
Part of the problem seemed to be that nutrients were going nowhere, so I tried something a little interesting. Granular Humic Acids are a soil additive that (supposedly) helps with nutrient uptake. This is not even remotely settled science, but anecdotes support it, and it isn’t too expensive so why not.
I also dug out as much soil as I could and lightened it up.
Of course I planted my newest two sacrifices to the death corner, a nice marjoram and a fancy mountain oregano.
Then I cut back the sage (still going strong underneath) and mulched like crazy.
Its… a work in progress.
Like all things.